måndag 28 november 2011

On request from Annachen

Snow flakes have been falling down the sky since yesterday evening and so this morning I thought a great mist was approching me while I was opening the door to walk to the bus station. How wrong I was. no mist at all, rather a winter wonder land I was entering :)

The latest two weeks has been jolly good fun mixed up with some work as well. Last weekend, that means 18th - 20th of November, was the weekend of experience. It all started on the Friday afternoon. After a 30 minutes car trip to Hauganas (I think thats the spelling) we climed a fishing boat said "Hei" to the a man, whos name got lost in my memory, and headed for the wales. Yes, thats true, the humpback wales! After half an hours ride we saw the first sign of wale breathing. And in about one hour we had seen like eight, nine, ten humpbackies going up to the surfice to get some air. I got some pictures, but since the internet is rather slow, I can't show you my evidence.

Well, a good start of the weekend. In the not so early Saturday morning we rented a car, surprisingly with summer tiers, to get ourselfs away from the town of Akureyri. Direction was Mývatn. We saw, more or less, dead vulcanos and ate a sandwish nearby Dimmurborgi. The scenery from the roads were amazing. We stopped by the fall Godafoss and other weird bubbling things. It was an incredible day and before we hit the road back to Akureyri we had some time in the hot well nearby Reykjalhid, the town next to lake Mývatn.

As far as I remember the Sunday contained wale again, tough in another form.

This last week has been filled with a cinema visit (it happend every tuesday), some tours to the outdoor-swiming pool (it's a must if you live on Iceland), Jólahús (a house with a candy-covered roof) with all kind of christmas decoration from all over the world (the deco of the year was a potatoe to hang in the christmas tree), first of advent celebration a la Salvation Army, heart beat from the other side of the fjord, NORTHERN LIGHTS (two times!!) which doesn't seem to be a big deal for the Icelanders, a cosy dinner by the house of our tutor and not least.... a lots of hanging around in the school trying to look like a teacher ;)

Well, today I guess the most critical week of this Iceland trip just began. Lessons and visit from our teacher from Sweden is on the sceduale and hopefully I will pass this course as well as them before. It is such a luck tough, the week will end in happiness, I'm sure. How else can I describe the presens of Johanna Renling :D

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Underbara dotter! Jag förstod det mesta utan lexikon. Jag önskar dig en njutbar vecka där alla pusselbitar hamnar på plats och att du kommer att se dessa veckor som en betydelsefull del av ditt liv. GUDS RIKA VÄLSIGNELSE Anna-Karin.m-a

Anna91 sa...

thanks annachen...that you hae written in english...:-D

Anonym sa...

That was realy a lesson on a high level (from my point of ...)Go on carpe diemande. P-a